Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Level 1 Supplies


Next up supplies, we can't sew without proper supplies. But not everything on the list is a must have right away. For me finding beeswax was not easy at least not for me with the limited amount of time places I had to shop when I started. Also he hem marker, I never have owned one and have not problem hemming my skirts for me its on and off with my skirts until its right or have a family member help when I can get one. Yes a little time consuming but I don't mind at all most of my skirts are ankle or floor length anyway so its not that hard to achieve. Mostly everything else I got pretty easily at Joann's and Walmart. I recommend one of those beginner kits from Dritz  they have most of what you need for a good starting price. I have one waiting for my daughter who is very eager to start sewing. I'm hoping to work with her this summer.

  1. Silk pins
  2. Pin cushion
  3. Hand sewing needles
  4. Sewing machine needles
  5. Tape measure
  6. Seam ripper
  7. Beeswax
  8. Tailors chalk
  9. Sewing guage
  10. Safety pins
  11. Yard stick
  12. Hem marker
  13. Supply bag
  14. Scissors
Well I'm hoping to get started tonight so I'll have more to show tomorrow. I'll be using DH's cell phone camera for the pics, I just have to remember to get it and upload them before he goes off to work in the morning. Anyway happy sewing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment