Friday, May 3, 2013

Level 1 Pink Skirt

So I'm finally restarting my YCMI program goals, I was hoping to start a little earlier but ran into some fabric problems since I'm trying to stick as close to the program as possible. Living in a place where women can not drive and having an already busy family schedule, things just don't always work out the way you plan. Also I was without internet service for a few weeks so that too also kept me from starting since I want to blog my experience as I went along.










First up is BurdaStyle 07/2010-138 in pink stretch linen. A few weeks ago on my other blog I talked about trying out pink with a pink maxi skirt, so when I saw this pink linen I already had a pattern in mind. I will not be doing the bottom casing as you see in the line drawings and instead lenghening it and eliminating the back seam.

I have prepped my fabric, my pattern is traced, seam allowance added, and now I need to set up my machines and then I'll be ready to sew.














Until next time, happy sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment