Sunday, August 4, 2013

Level 2 Completed


















Just like the YCMI program BurdaSyle labels this pattern a level 2 or 2 threads out of 4 for someone who has some sewing experience.  The pattern is well drafted and goes together pretty quickly. The only change I made to this pattern was to add 3 inches to the length.

Center back vent
 For the most part I followed along with the program so it was a breeze to make. My only changes was that I inserted the zipper a little differently and that is because I can not find 1/4 inch basting tape here. I did not use the selvedge edge of the fabric as a finish for the waistband, I used my serger to finish the inside and I used a double turned hem.

I was not able to find a fabric that had a one design which this level called for so  just went with a print and treated as a one way design.








almost invisible zipper

Pressing over my ham for shaping
Pressing the shaped side seams is not something you will find in the YCMI program, this is just some knowledge I have gained over the years with sewing.

My green non matching zipper
I wasn't able to get the notions I needed when I went for the fabric, I ran out of time so I just went with what I had on hand.

Center Back on a windy day

Full Front
Again there is a lot more to this level than what you see and I do recommend it for anyone who is not able to go out and take a class, needs something explained in a very clear way or needs to it done a few times before trying. Now on to level 3

My post at Sew Fashionably Modest

Until next time, happy sewing...



No comments:

Post a Comment