Monday, June 13, 2011

Learning to sew level 1

As much as I don't want to make an elastic waist skirt, I'm going to do it just so I can follow the program correctly. But I will not be using a plain no nap fabric. The reason is because I'm trying to shop my small fabric stash as much as possible and right now I have none.I'll be using a linen like fabric I got from Fabric Mart a few years ago, at the time I sort of liked it, but now its just so matronly to me but I want to use it instead of giving it away since finding natural fabrics here has been a pain and no one from the states really deliver here. I'll also be using patterns from my stash that come as close to the desired pattern for each level.

So for my first pattern I'll be using Simplicity 7227. I've had it in my stash awhile but never used it so here is my chance to it.
About the DVD, first off the teacher is very mono-toned so it is very boring to watch. Its hard for me to watch it straight through without feeling like I'm about to fall asleep, it also appears that she is reading from a script. Even when she is joking, its just plain dead. But other than that she gives what you need and explains it very well to me. The different chapters can be found on the level 1 page of my blog.

Tomorrow I will continue my review of level one.
Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment